Have you heard of it?! I just did. Well, I would admit about hearing a little buzz around on the internet for quite few weeks but didn’t have a clue what it was. It has just launched in May and my…what a wonderful and unique idea it is. I am happy to see how creative and imaginative its founders have been. It’s a wonderful collaboration between makers and tastemakers. Great.ly is a virtual marketplace where curators, bloggers and stylists set up their own shops and add beautiful handmade things (from the makers) they love to their shops. It gives a great opportunity to makers and creative artists to showcase their work through curators…well, I guess it’s kind of giving a second opinion to shoppers that they are in the right place buying the right thing because these curators (and bloggers) are the ones people trust for great resources, ideas and opinions. Don’t you think?!
And since I spot inspiration everywhere so I found pretty good things over there. They have a beautiful collection of things from home decor, to art, kids and everyday accessories that can surely add a wow factor to a home. I mean who doesn’t love to add some pretty handmade items to their homes to give a more unique and personalized look.
Do pay a visit to Great.ly, there is so much to admire and they keep adding new things.
1. Have you started decorating, re-arranging and then decorating again for spring, already? Me too. It’s so fun. And since spring doesn’t stay long and hot summer season (I mean HOT) follows, my heart goes Pastel. The colors are so cool and not just good for mid-changing season but the best for 6 long hot summer months. So, this month’s first favorite from Etsy is this gorge geometric patterned pillow. Happy colors, right?
2. Though I am drooling over bright, happy and colorful ceramics for home and kitchen these days, but the opposite happened just now. I love this ceramic bowl. Yes, really. It’s so cute and subtle and I truly adore its organically-imperfect shape. Did I mention its color? Lovely.
3. Aren’t these little plants just pretty? I’ve always been a fan of houseplants because they can bring an empty space to life instantly. With pretty little planters, they can fit in any nook and corner of your living room or sit happily on your desk, side table or even your bookcase and say hello to you every time you enter the room.
4. Speaking of pastels, this gorgeous necklace in sterling silver is making me happy because it does the same job to my eyes as other pastel colors. It’s cool and calm…just what I would love to add to my collection.
8. This pretty dipped white tray set is oh-so gorgeous. Isn’t it perfect to serve drinks to casual friends who just dropped by? Plus they can make a wonderful base for your little planters in eat-in kitchen.
Quotes. I can oh-so put lots of inspiring illustrations all over my home right now. In the kitchen, home office (that happens to be in my bedroom) and the main living area. Looking at them moving around the house all day can juice up my imaginations and creative senses. I can always use great words of wisdom ( and that too in pretty typos and colors) first thing in the morning when I wake up to get a kick start for a whole new day. I so feel resonating with so many illustrations that I see over at Pinterest. They are so simple, funny and happy but a lot more thoughtful. They keep up your thoughts on the right track, making you feel that there still is happiness and positivity around us. There are lots of petty things that can make us live the dream that we see every night. Inspiration can bring us the life that we want to lead for the rest of our lives… When the days are long and the times are hard, they can fuel you up and tell you it’s not the end of the world anyway. Happily ever after is still here!
Songs. I hear them everyday first thing in the morning. When I wake up, the first sounds that indulge my senses are these beautiful birds chatting their hearts out. Thanks to a lush green tree right outside my window. It serves as their meeting point everyday where they gather up and share their experiences of the day passed and their plans for the beautiful brand new day. I wish I could understand them and listen from behind the curtain and giggle with them on all those chats. Become a character of some Walt Disney animated movie, go out and sing with them early in the morning, feed them, dance with them, hold these little birds in my hands, love them. Spring is coming up after all. I can see it in the air. It’s coming. Warmer days. Green lawns. Blooms and their scent. Bees dancing above them, humming and floating around. Pretty birds are not just outside my window, they have inspired my heart and made a place within.