Okay, I know I’m a little late for the party because honeycombs (and hexagons) have been trending in fashion and design for many months now. But they are still hot, right? And I am totally loving the way they are being used by designers and artists in their latest catalogues and collections.
I remember my first lessons in geometry at school. It was FUN. Our teacher started off by telling how simple geometric shapes and angles are present all around us. We live among them every single day. They are there in different forms and sizes, but they are always present. Look around you right now, and you’ll see at least five different geometric shapes nearby. See? How interesting is that. I loved this exercise back then and it’s still a part of fun. Some things really stick with you for a long time…
Anyway, hexagons are on trend these days, well have been there for quite some time now and they make up to such wonderful design ideas; both graceful and contemporary. Totally makes me think hexagons right now.
Hello hello and happy September everyone! It’s the month I was born in plus it marks official advent of fall season, so I am double happy. Yay! Speaking of fall, autumn has arrived in many parts of the world already. Yours too? Well, we are still seeing some late monsoon days here in Lahore, and I’m ALMOST hanging out of the window looking for official signs of fall… if any! But the good news is that many Autumn/Winter collections in design and fashion are out and I tell you they have loads and loads full of inspiration. There are lots of pretty tones of grey color in them. Yes, I’m thinking grey these days because paired up with the right tone of a bright color and in right amount, it can create both warm and cool look in a space. What can I say, it just goes about with every color…its grey!
So, without further delay, here are this month’s grey-ish Etsy faves!
1. Express Gratitude pillow cover: A perfect little thing to sit by your side on a beautiful Sunday with a book and a coffee in a cozy corner. Is there anything to be more grateful for?! I guess there are many…gratitude is something that should never end…
3. Mini photos: What a pretty way to add fine art, quotes and not to mention photography in your home office, in the kids’ room or maybe in kitchen by the refrigerator, right?! This looks so amazing. I loved the idea of hanging photographs with a string.
4. Ikat nesting bowls: I am a huge fan of green, in fact grey-ish tones of green. What can I say, they calm me down. And my current obsession for ceramics made me fall in love with these nesting bowls. They would look so beautiful on a breakfast table with yummy dips or porridge in them. Any temptations?!
Have you heard of it?! I just did. Well, I would admit about hearing a little buzz around on the internet for quite few weeks but didn’t have a clue what it was. It has just launched in May and my…what a wonderful and unique idea it is. I am happy to see how creative and imaginative its founders have been. It’s a wonderful collaboration between makers and tastemakers. Great.ly is a virtual marketplace where curators, bloggers and stylists set up their own shops and add beautiful handmade things (from the makers) they love to their shops. It gives a great opportunity to makers and creative artists to showcase their work through curators…well, I guess it’s kind of giving a second opinion to shoppers that they are in the right place buying the right thing because these curators (and bloggers) are the ones people trust for great resources, ideas and opinions. Don’t you think?!
And since I spot inspiration everywhere so I found pretty good things over there. They have a beautiful collection of things from home decor, to art, kids and everyday accessories that can surely add a wow factor to a home. I mean who doesn’t love to add some pretty handmade items to their homes to give a more unique and personalized look.
Do pay a visit to Great.ly, there is so much to admire and they keep adding new things.
1. Have you started decorating, re-arranging and then decorating again for spring, already? Me too. It’s so fun. And since spring doesn’t stay long and hot summer season (I mean HOT) follows, my heart goes Pastel. The colors are so cool and not just good for mid-changing season but the best for 6 long hot summer months. So, this month’s first favorite from Etsy is this gorge geometric patterned pillow. Happy colors, right?
2. Though I am drooling over bright, happy and colorful ceramics for home and kitchen these days, but the opposite happened just now. I love this ceramic bowl. Yes, really. It’s so cute and subtle and I truly adore its organically-imperfect shape. Did I mention its color? Lovely.
3. Aren’t these little plants just pretty? I’ve always been a fan of houseplants because they can bring an empty space to life instantly. With pretty little planters, they can fit in any nook and corner of your living room or sit happily on your desk, side table or even your bookcase and say hello to you every time you enter the room.
4. Speaking of pastels, this gorgeous necklace in sterling silver is making me happy because it does the same job to my eyes as other pastel colors. It’s cool and calm…just what I would love to add to my collection.
8. This pretty dipped white tray set is oh-so gorgeous. Isn’t it perfect to serve drinks to casual friends who just dropped by? Plus they can make a wonderful base for your little planters in eat-in kitchen.